I have no pictures of my outfit because I’m a horrible vacation blogger. At least I live in the moment?
So like I mentioned yesterday, I went to Disney all the time growing up. Which means, I’ve never been to Universal and I am SO EXCITED to finally see it!
We got to the park bright and early via an Uber – which L’s parents had never taken before. His dad was nervous the whole time!
Once we got into the park, it was clear we weren’t at Disney anymore. It’s hard to put my finger on it, but it just didn’t look like an oversize dollhouse like Disney does. Plus Universal really kills it with their themes – you can tell such a difference between the Marval areas and the Harry Potter area, which was absolutely amazing!
So with that, onto the rides!
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit – the first rollercoaster of the day and it was awesome! You could pick a song that would blast through the whole coaster, which was an awesome touch.
- Transformers 3-D The Ride: I’ve never seen Transformers, so I’m sure 95% of this ride was lost on me. However, the graphics and thrill aspect was amazing – you really felt like you were moving and falling, even though the cart in reality went through minimal movements!
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts: One of the best parts of this ride was waiting in line! The entry way had Gringotts characters lined up. The ride itself was a low thrill roller coaster but the graphics were amazing.
- King’s Cross Station: This was the train that took us between Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure. It was awesome to sit and get some AC, while the train reenacted some memorable parts from the Hogwarts Express.
- Dragon Challenge: This was the most intense rollercoaster we went on! Like a lot of the most extreme rollercoasters, I LOVE this ride, but I hated the way the restraints hit my shoulder blades. Oh the joys of being short.
- The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman: L’s whole family remembered this from ten+ years ago when they last rode it, so they were excited to hop on it again! Once again, Universal did an amazing job with making the waiting lines interactive and the ride itself so much fun!
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey: Saving the best for last! This was by far the best ride of the entire trip. It brings you through Harry’s world – a Quidditch match, a matchup against Voldemort and through some of Harry’s memorable classes. The whole experience of the ride, from the look, feel, and even smell was miles above anything else we saw on this vacation!
So there you have it! Since I didn’t take any pictures, I did cobble together some pictures of what I wore. Enjoy!